Monday 19 July 2010

And after all, what´s my vision?

I thought it wouldn´t be fair to do a critical analysis of the IMC strategic planning at the Mapa das Ideias seminar without revealing my vision for 21st century museums, just in case anybody asked me... I shared it with the seminar participants and it can be registered here as well:

I dream of museums for the people, relevant and accessible.
Museums that not only preserve the past, but make us think about the present and the future.
Museums that are attentive towards what´s happening around them.
Museums that involve, inspire and entertain.

I am reading a very good book, where I discovered that I share my vision with someone who lived 100 years ago (should this be a reason for rejoicing or discouragement?). I´ll write about the book next week.

No comments: